Sex Crimes Attorney in Jacksonville
Serving Clients Throughout Nassau, St. Johns, Clay & Baker Counties
Sex crimes are some of the most serious criminal offenses in Florida. If you are convicted of a sex crime, you will be required to register as a sex offender, which can have a devastating impact on your personal and professional life. You may also be sentenced to years or even decades behind bars, depending on the nature of the offense.
At McCormick Law, we understand the stakes in these cases. Our Jacksonville sex crimes lawyer is prepared to fight for you. We have successfully defended clients against all types of sex crime charges, and we are ready to put our experience to work for you.
Call our office at (904) 353-0436 or contact us online to request a free initial consultation with our team today.
Defending Against Sex Crime Charges
Sex crime cases are often complex and emotionally charged. However, it is important to remember that you are innocent until proven guilty, and the prosecution has the burden of proving your guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. Our attorney can help you understand the charges you face and the potential penalties involved. We can also help you understand your legal options and develop a personalized defense strategy tailored to your unique situation.
I gave Mr. McCormick a call and met the next day about my case. Not only did he do a great job on my case, but he and his office worked quickly and did the groundwork to get all charges dropped.- Mike H.
Mr. McCormick did an outstanding job representing my son, he’s always professional and response in a timely manner. Not only him, but Ms. Dorothy as well!- Victoria C.
Russell is a very professional, super confident, and easygoing lawyer. I am grateful for the hard work and energy. Extremely impressed and exceeded all expectations. His diligence provided a miracle for my son.- Timaca H.
Want to give a huge thanks to Russell & I would highly recommend him! He was always easy to get in contact with and answered any questions I had. He couldn’t have made this process any easier. Greatly appreciate all of his work!- Nikki N.
Russell was very prompt and responsive. The outcome was nothing short of spectacular! Russell McCormick is by far the easiest and most straightforward attorney I have ever dealt with. Services are 100% above board.- Josh S.
If you need a lawyer who can get it done, Russell McCormick is your guy. Easy to talk to and if he said he was going to do it, it was done. Daily updates even after hours. He exceeded all expectations.- Nina M.
Russell represented my husband and we have been pleased with him every step of the way. He is aggressive and straight to the point. I would recommend him for any of your troubles... he's a beast!!!!!!- Denise F.
Russell was great! this is the first time I have used him and I have to say, I'm impressed. Russell cares and he knows the system. The outcome of my case far surpassed my expectations.- Luke F.
Depending on the circumstances, we may be able to help you by:
- Challenging the evidence against you: In many cases, the prosecution’s case is based on circumstantial evidence, which is not always reliable. We can work to challenge the evidence against you and, in some cases, have it thrown out.
- Investigating the alleged victim: In some cases, the alleged victim may have a motive to lie or exaggerate the truth. We can investigate the alleged victim and use it to your advantage if we find evidence of dishonesty.
- Investigating the alleged crime: We can also investigate the alleged crime itself. If we find evidence that the crime did not occur as the prosecution claims, we can use that to cast doubt on their case.
- Seeking a plea bargain: In some cases, it may be in your best interest to accept a plea bargain. We can help you explore your options and, if a plea bargain is available, negotiate with the prosecution on your behalf.
- Taking your case to trial: If the prosecution is unwilling to offer a fair plea bargain, we are prepared to take your case to trial. Our Jacksonville sex crimes lawyer is a skilled litigator who is not afraid to fight for you in court.